Can you practice with civility and still be a zealous advocate?
Join our distinguished panel as they discuss timely, tough, and thought-provoking issues of ethics and civility in the practice of law, review pertinent provisions of the Rules of Professional Conduct, and explore ideas for building collegiality in the legal profession.
- The importance of a lawyer’s reputation
- Changes in the practice of law
- Practicing in a society where civility is under attack
- Do the Rules of Professional Conduct require civility?
- Civility in dealings with the judiciary
- Ethics & civility among lawyers in a litigation practice & a non-litigation practice
- Impact of incivility on public perception & the profession
- Providing zealous advocacy in a civil manner
- Strategies for developing a collegial & civil practice
Panelists: Hon. Duane Benton, United States Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Kansas City; Keith A. Cutler, James W. Tippin & Associates, Kansas City; Alan D. Pratzel, Chief Disciplinary Counsel, Jefferson City; Sara G. Rittman, Missouri Attorney General’s Office, Jefferson City
MAR 24 | Alan D. Pratzel
MAY 18 | Sara G. Rittman