Role of Human Gut Microbiome in Health and Diseases
- Human Gut Microbiome: What does this mean?
- How gut microbiome influences physiology of extraintestinal organ systems?
- What tests are available to evaluate gut dysbiosis?
- What are the stepwise approaches to treat dysbiosis in the gut?
- What are the current and future potentials of manipulation of gut microbiome to prevent and treat diseases?
Updates in Medical Management of Obesity
- To understand the general impact that obesity has on COVID outcomes
- To get an awareness of the different medicines used and how they can assist patients in weight loss
- Understand steps that primary care can take to increase weight loss
The Iowa Osteopathic Medical Association is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians and designates this program for a maximum of 2 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician's participation in this activity.
Grievance Policy: The IOMA strives to provide continuing medical education programs to fulfill the needs of the attendees and to meet the AOA Uniform Guidelines and AOA Accreditation Requirements. Comments, questions, or complaints should be put in writing and forwarded to IOMA Executive Director at [email protected] or IOMA, 6919 Vista Drive, West Des Moines, IA 50266.