There are multiple forms of colon cancer screening, and some are better than others. The ages to begin are different depending on family history, and the follow-up is different depending on the test used and outcomes.
• Understand the different methods for colorectal cancer screening, relative positives and negatives, and current recommendations.
• Determine when to start colorectal cancer screening.
• Recognize high-risk factors and when to refer the patient for specialty surveillance.
• Understand the basics of follow-up screening and surveillance after initial colonoscopy.
• Understand the increase in early-onset colorectal cancer and recognize potential alarm systems.
The Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. MAOPS designates this program for a maximum of 1 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician's participation.
Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Creditä. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The MAOPS Education Planning Committee has no relevant financial relationships with any organization producing, marketing, reselling, distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients relative to the content of this presentation.
All grievances should be in writing and should specify the nature of the grievance. Initially, all grievances should be directed to MAOPS Executive Director, who will then forward said grievance to the Education & Convention Committee. All grievances will receive an initial response in writing within 30 days of receipt. If the participant does not receive a satisfactory response, then they can then submit a complaint in writing to the Council on Continuing Medical Education of the AOA at 142 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611.