Dr. Michael Brown and Dr. Logan Banks will host a live webinar, and they will discuss international medicine and, in particular, practicing medicine in Burundi. Dr. Brown will lead a Q&A discussion with Dr. Banks. Dr. Banks will share his experiences with practicing medicine in Burundi by answering a series of questions by Dr. Brown.
1. Describe the factors that might attract someone to practice international medicine and, particularly in Burundi.
2. Identify the biggest hurdles someone might face when practicing international medicine.
3. Describe extra training that someone might need or be required to take to practice international medicine in a country like Burundi.
4. Describe the health risks that someone might experience when practicing international medicine in a third-world country like Burundi.
5. Explain what it was like to be the first Osteopathic Physician to practice in Burundi.
The Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. MAOPS designates this program for a maximum of 1 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician's participation.
The MAOPS Education Planning Committee has no relevant financial relationships with any organization producing, marketing, reselling, distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients relative to the content of this presentation.
All grievances should be in writing and should specify the nature of the grievance. Initially, all grievances should be directed to MAOPS Executive Director, who will then forward said grievance to the Education & Convention Committee. All grievances will receive an initial response in writing within 30 days of receipt. If the participant does not receive a satisfactory response, then they can then submit a complaint in writing to the Council on Continuing Medical Education of the AOA at 142 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611.